Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Everyday Life in Brazil



This is where students in Brazil from the Federal University of Technology located in the state of Paraná can describe what their life is like (pictured at right is the University). It is an open discussion forum where students can explain their daily activities and what school is like for them. American students from Hope Street Academy can respond and pose questions to be answered by Brazilian students.

46 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your favorite thing to do on your free time in Brazil? Are there a lot of great beaches to visit?

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Cherry I go to hope street I've been going to Hope Street for a 1yr 1/2...and I was wondering if you have ever been to any part of United States?

misael said...

Hi! There is a lot of things to do in Brazil. First, we live in Curitiba. It is a city in the South. There is no beaches at the city but there are many of them next to hear (about 120km).
So, we can go to the beache at the weekend. We can also go to the cinema. There are many parcs in the city.

milla said...

Hi! I live in Curitiba and on my free time I like to go to the movie or theater. Curitiba have many parks and sometimes I walk in the park, that's good!

atalaha said...

Hi ! My name is Atalaha and I live in Curitiba too. I think the best thing in our city is the night life. I do like to dance, so I prefer the night ! I want to go to United States because it seems to be a very interesting country ! I'm a singer and I want to know who is the best singer at moment in U.S.

Cody's Blog said...

Hi, My name is Cody, I go to Hope Street. What are some of the things that you like to do when summer comes do you travel? Or do you just stay and hang out with friends, and what do you do with them? Have you ever been outside of Brazil and if you have where did you go? Because I've lived in Germany for about 5 years.

a[L]n said...

Hi!
My name is Allison, I'm 19.

My routine is a bit monotonous during the week. I go to college at 11:30 a.m and go home at 7 p.m, sometimes I go to movies with friends before go home. I spend some time with my family and study 1 or 2 hours by myself >.<
Then, I usually play some online game (usually mmorpg or counter strike =p) and go to bed.
At weekends I go out with my girlfriend to enjoy the night life (that's really nice here, there are many good night-clubs).

Unknown said...

Hi
My name is C.J. I go to Hope St. How do you guys see the United States in your country?

Erica said...

Hello Allison what is you doing and were in Brazil do live is people all over your neighborhood

Sara said...

Hey there Atalaha,

So you like to party? What kind of parties? I know I don't know you, but I thought your post was something interesting to reply to. Thus much here I am replying, silly me. What kind of music do you listen to and do you plan on visiting the america's anytime?

jcraney said...

How old do you have to be to drive in Brazil? Here you have to be 15. How old do you have to be to drink? You have to be 21 to buy alcohol here in America. Do you have a president? Do you like him/her? What is their name? What kind of political parties does Brazil have? We mainly have Republican and Democrat.Can you explain the diffrences of your parties and what they stand for?

Anonymous said...

What are all the legal ages for everything in Brazil? You must be 21 to drink here but i believe it should be 18. What are the night-clubs like there? what is the popular type of music there?

Lexie said...

What do you do for fun or in your spare time? do you have parties? and do you have clubs? how old do you have to be to get in?

Anonymous said...

Hello this is Caleb and I was wondering how old do you have to be to join your military in Brazil? Also how many branches does Brazil have?

brittany said...

What kind of jobs do you have, goin to school full time?

ksimmons said...

What are some of the movies that are showing in Brazil?
We have new movies come out evey week it seems! I'm not a big movie watcher, but every so often I will go with friends to see one.

issa said...

Hi, here in Brasil I like to go to the movies on the weekends, with friends, my boyfriend......The last movie I saw was "Awake", and I liked.

a[L]n said...

sorry ebrown, but I didn't understand what you said =p

answering some questions:
Here in Brazil you need to be 18 to do everything...to drive, to drink, to get in night-clubs, to vote, to join the military.

Most of night-clubs play eletro and psy, but you can find all kinds of music in night-clubs

Cli said...

Hi, my name's Cliciane, I live in Curitiba, in my free time I like to go to the cinema, go shopping, go dancing, visiting the friends, etc.
In America what you like to do on free time?

Alessandro said...

Hi, in your city there are many industries? Or another type of activity that moves the economy. In Curitiba have many industries, including multinationals they move the economy. What courses they have in your school.

Bi_Alberton said...

Hi!
My name is Bianca, and I'm 17.
I spend a lot of my time in the university... I go to school in afternoon, and at night, I play basketbaal in the team of university... Twice a week I go to the English Class in the morning. The borest think at University is the morning classes in the Saturday! In USA the people have Saturday classes?

Pati said...

Hi guys, my name is Patricia. I live in Curitba and I'm 24 years old. Right now I'm a full-time student, but I'm looking for a part-time job. My major is Pharmacy. I study English and Frenc on Mondays and Wednesdays. I take theatre classes on Saturdays and sometimes play volleyball. In my spare time I like to relax lintening to music and reading or watch a film or cartooms, but I don't like TV shows too much. I also go parties or to the theatre. i like hiking and camping or things like that, but I have no time to do. I do many things, I know, but it's great because I meet a lot of people and I really like it. So, that's it.

Pati said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
issa said...

HI! Here in Brazil we are at autumm, but in Curitiba it's hot these days. And in your city? What's the weather like?

Atalaha said...

Hi Sreynolds,

I have a rock band, so I like party with a band playing rock or music stuff. I was telling you that I like to dance, but in Curitiba is gard to find some place to do this.

I wanna know a lot of thing about your habits and life style. What kind of music do you like?
Do you like rock?

I have no idea about when I'll go to your country.I don't have enough money .
=/

sandra_noronha said...

Hi, cjackson09. I'm sandra noronha and I lived in US. - Arizona - Phoenix 1yr and I had a wonderful time in Scottsdale, do you know this city?

sandra_noronha said...

Hi, t.a.w.c08, I'm sandra and I have many things to do in my country and in my free time I like to go to the Beach. We have many Beach near my home just 01 hour... and we can see the ocean I think it is amazing to do.Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Danielle, i got to Hope Street Acdamey. I was just would is Brazil kind of like america or no? Ad another question for you guys is do the high school students get to play sports for there school?

Unknown said...

Hi Bianca,

My name is Nashawna, I just want to say it sounds boring to go to a school on a Saturday. In my old school, if you got in trouble and had a whole lot of unfinished work then they will make you go to Saturday school, but luckily I never had to do that. But other wise we don't have school on Saturday's. Since you have school on a Saturday do you have a day off during the weekday. I mean it seem like you have a whole lot of on your hands with school and basketball. I mean you should at least be able to have the weekend to rest up.

Sierra said...

Are there alot of American's in Brazil? In America there is alot of diversity and people are from all over the world.

Lexie said...

What are some of the minor or major punishments that people recieve when they commit a crime in Brazil?

tcanfield said...

hi, this is tim... i was wondering what kind of cars you drive in Brazil. I have 2 cars, one is really old and im working on it, and unfortunately the other one is only capable of getting me to school and back home.

Anonymous said...

What's good down there in South America, Brazil? It's Josh, once again, and I want to know how is the beach life doing? Here in good old Kansas we have lakes that you can use but the ocean is like 10,000 times better than lakes in my opinion. I've been the ocean before and I was awestruck. The feeling that the big waves envelope you with are exciting and exhilarating.

issa said...

Hi Tim! Here in Brazil we drive a lot of cars, like Fiat, Renault, Ford, Volkswagen, Volvo, BMW, Audi, Mitsubishi and the others. Unfortunately I don't have a car so I take a bus when I go to school.

Bi_Alberton said...

Hi Nashawna,
In wekends I always go out with my boyfriend... So, I just relax during the night.
But I like my life. How is the routine in USA?






Hi Josh!
The beaches in Brazil are beautiful. We don't have a lot of lakes, but we have wonderful beaches! Infortunaly, Curitiba is a little far from the beaches. It takes about 3 hours. I think the most beautiful beach in Brazil is Florianópolis. It's a island. I'm going to post some photos in the wiki : http://americabrazilproject.wikispaces.com/

Bi_Alberton said...

Hi people! I put photos in the wiki!
I think you should see them and post new ones.

a[L]n said...

Hi Bianca,
this is Allison.

I edited your post in the wiki, the page was blank. I also added photos about Parque Tanguá.

To US people:
Add some photos about nice places in your city!

Unknown said...

Hi, I´m Vinicius and I´m 21.
well, I like playing chess, playinag the guitar, soccer, cooking... After my English classes I go running...
Yes, here we have a lot of beautiful beaches... I don´t like it very much, but I have been in BUZIOS, and it was wonderful.

milla said...

Curitiba has a historic center, your name is Largo da Ordem. The Largo da Ordem has churchs, a lot of art galerias, museums, and bars, cafeterias, and restaurants. The Memorial of Curitiba is on Largo da Ordem.
On Sundays, happens a great handicraft fair.

Unknown said...

Yes... "Largo da Ordem" has a lot of pubs where the people go to listening rock. Here, this kind of people uses black and sometimes strang clothes. People who don´t like this kind of music calls they "crows". I used to wear clothes like that, but now I wear normal clothes, I think.

Unknown said...

My name is Chelsea. I go to Hope Street. This is my first year at Hope Street. Have any of you been to the United States? If so, did you like it?

milla said...

I never travel to USA, but I traveled to Argentina. My travel was wonderful! I went to Buenos Aires and I want to go there again.

Unknown said...

Hi!
Well, we have to be at least 18 to drive in BRazil, and I think it´s a pitty, because I´m seventeen!

uhaeuhae

I hope this year passes quickly...
Actually, I´ve been learning how to drive lately, so I think I won´t have problems with the driving exam...

Y´all from US, what kind of music do you apreciate there? I just love the American Blues and Rock n´ Roll...

Unknown said...

Well, I´ve never been to US, but it would be nice... First ot all, I´d like to watch a football game, I love playing football... Actually, I prefer football than Brazilian Soccer, I think it´s pretty nicer... I support NY Giants...

I usually play at the beach with friends, when we´re on vacation...

Unknown said...

Like Atalaha, I´m a musician too (hugs Atalaha!)...

uaehuea

But I´m a real disaster holding a mycrophone... Actually, I play the guitar...

Do you play many instruments in US too?
see ya!

Unknown said...

Man, lakes seem to be very nice to get refreshed... But we have lots of great beaches here too, I love goin´ to the shore and play somethings...