Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Culture Traditions and Customs in America


Here is where students from Hope Street Academy in America can post information about culture, customs and traditions in America. Students from Brazil can post what they know about life in America and pose questions to students in America.

21 comments:

milla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
milla said...

Hi! I like eat pizza and see movies with my friends. And the american students?

What do you do for fun? You go out with your friends... Where do you go?

Unknown said...

Hello, What kind of pizza is your favorite? What kind of movies do you like? For fun I hang out with my friends and just talk and make each other laugh. When me and my friends go some where we usually go to the movies or to the mall. My favorite movie is Step Up it's about some teenage kids that dance real good and go to a dance school.What's your favorite movie you have seen?

Sara said...

I like pizza as well! It's so yummy oh my godness. As for friends I have to many to really hang out with so i just go around town at all hours of the night; on weekends looking for things to do and people to run into. Unless I'm working that is.

milla said...

my favorite pizza is "tomate seco", it's delicious. "Tomate seco" is a kind of tomato. Every month I go to the pizzaria.
I like musical movies, my favorite movie is The Phantom of the Opera, that's classical! I don't see Step Up...
Sometimes I go to the mall, I and my friends like to talk and buy things. And you? What do you do in the mall?

Sara said...

Hmm I play games at the arcade. I also just walk around looking for odd things to buy. I don't get to go to offten to the mall anymore, but I used to go everyday it seemed. I work alot now so I don't have the time; I wish I still did though.
If I'm not at home or school I'm at work. Having fun with all my work friends. I work with a few of my friends so I goof off a lot. It gets me in trouble every now and then.
I'm whats considred part of the "goth, punk" crowd. I hate being labled because I get along with everyone. I really don't care what people think of me eather. Sort of why I drew a "X" on my forhead today with my eyeliner.

Sara said...

oh I forgot I don't eat meat, and don't like alot of vegtables so I eat cheese pizza alot. I just resently started eating chicken because I might be having a baby, and don't want it to be unhealthy.

issa said...

Hi! Here in Brazil people usually have a lunch or dinner with your family.And you guys?

milla said...

I don't eat meat too! I don't eat meat, chicken, fish,... I don't eat many vegetables, I prefer to eat pizza, chocolate, rice, beans, fruits,...

Sara said...

Wow, you seem to be cooler, and cooler Milla. I really like fruits, rice, and a lot of “junk” food. I can't eat beans tough, they don't taste bad, but they feel funny in my mouth so I can't swallow them. Do you have lots of friends? What do you do for fun when you’re not able to go the movies?

Issa,
A lot of American families don’t really eat as a family. They don’t have the time, but they also, when there is time, like to go out to eat. Many times in restaurants and I know when my family goes out on a “family” night that we will usually go somewhere like a park just to be a family.

milla said...

I don't have a lot of friends. I and my friends usually go to the cafeteria, we talk about many things. On Saturday sometimes we go to the teather, museum or we go to the home of other friend and we cook! It's very fun.

sandra_noronha said...

Hello,

I like to watch romantic comedies or dramas. My favorite movie is Roman Holiday, with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. I haven`t seen Step Up, but I`ll look it up on the video store.

Sara said...

Do you spend more time at home or at school?

milla said...

I hardly ever stay at home, only for sleep or weekends. I have busy weeks! I take a lot of classes: English, Spanish, Greek, History (my major), belly dance.
When I am alone, I like to paint, I love to paint. But I paint my free time, generally on weekends when I stay at home.
And you? Do you spend more time at home or at school?

Ricky Oz said...

Hi! Do you spend much time on the computer? I mean, my space and youtube? Did you ever hear about orkut? It's seems like my space!!!

PS: Sorry if I made some mistakes

Sara said...

I spend most of my time at school, or with my friends. In my free time I like to draw. I have been drawing for several years now. I find it very relaxing, and soothing to the mind. When I get mad I like to draw, like a stress relief.

milla said...

Hi sreynolds!
What do you draw? Do you draw people?
I like to draw people and things: chair, window, ship,...

Sara said...

My name is Sara. Yes, I draw people I love drawing so I draw just about anything. I liek to draw babies the most. How much is Gas for your cars down there?

Unknown said...

Hello to everybody...
I don´t know hat about are you talking... so, I`ll ask some answers...
I love pizza... I think it´s always a good meal. Pizza with "guarana"...
but... I really like Polish and Ucranian meals... I don´t know how can I say this names in English... but I love it. My granmother used to cook a lot of these kind of food, now she is 85, and can´t do it always.
Do you like eatting the same kind of food that your grand´s eat???

misael said...

Hello,
Here in Brazil the family is very important for us. And what about in USA? Does the family (your parents, grand parents) play an important role in your life?

Sara said...

yes family is very important here in the U.S. Sometimes though family means more to some of us than others.