This is where students at Hope Street Academy High School in America can describe what their life is like. It is an open discussion forum where students can explain their daily activities and what school is like for them. Students from Brazil can respond and pose questions to be answered by Hope Street Academy students. Pictured at right is Hope Street Academy High School in Topeka, Kansas.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Everyday Life in America
This is where students at Hope Street Academy High School in America can describe what their life is like. It is an open discussion forum where students can explain their daily activities and what school is like for them. Students from Brazil can respond and pose questions to be answered by Hope Street Academy students. Pictured at right is Hope Street Academy High School in Topeka, Kansas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
45 comments:
Life in America for myself is going to school for 7 hours then going to work. When im not doing those i spend time with friends, go to a movie, etc.
Hello, my name is Lexie and Im seventeen years old. I have been attending Hope Street for the past three years. The school is small and the classes are small. It helps the students be able to learn without being crowded and most of the teachers give you one on one time to assist you and help you with your schoolwork.
Hello!
With me all I do is go to school and then go home with my family. I am leaving my family to go serve in the army, so I try to spend as much time with my family as I can.
My life here is a normal routine going to school, working, and doing sports and my daily activities are different every day for example going to Maximus to work out, hanging out with my friends, and anything that comes up during that day or week.
hey, im alisha. i go to hope street. i been going here for 4 months now. hope street isnt like all the other schools here because its real small and theres only like 8 people in each class. a regular day for me is going to school, play some basketball or hang out with my friends and then go home.
Hello, my name is Josh. I am 18 years old and I attend Hope Street Acadamy. The school is fine, for the most part, and I enjoy it. Knowledge is power and education is the force behind that power. I also have a job, like Sierra, but we don't work together. The teachers here are intellegent and curtious towards all students, teachers, and staff. As far is I can tell life is going great. I wouldn't mind visiting Brazil in the future.
Hi my name is Danielle, i go to hope street academy and i have for only four months. And its a pretty good school. Also i play soccer for topeka high.
Hello, my name is Rene I have been attending Hope Street for 2 years.The classes here are small and you get alot of help from the teachers.Also,you get to work at your own pace so its not that hard.After school I usually go hang out with some of my friends or go to the gym.
My name is Brittany, I have been going to Hope Street for about 6 months. One of the reasons that I like Hope is because they really help you out if you are behind in school. I also, attend to extended day classes so i usually leave school at 5:30. Then I dont get home till about 6:10 because I live on the Indian Reservation and it is about 30 to 40 mins away from Hope Street. So that means that I have to leave my house at about 7:15 to get to school at 8.
I am native american so I go to alot of Pow-Wows. As a Native American we do things differently from other people. Other than that life in America for me is preety much busy.
Hey my name is Valerie. I have been going to hopestreet for 3 months i like it a lot its a fun school.
Hello my name is Caleb and in my life in America, I go to school (Hope Street) at 8:00 and then after school I HAVE to go to golf practice from 3:30 til 5:45. Then after that I workout and then eat dinner and take a shower. After that I watch TV for alittle then I go to bed. NAVY SEALS ALL THE WAY.
Hi, My name is Christian i have been at Hope Street for 2 years now it's differnt from the other schools i went to because there are not so many students, and there are less teachers here i get along with every one. Usualy after school i spend alot of time in the woods with my friends and going to work.
Hello, my name is Taylor Arterberry. I have been attending
Hope Street Academy for the past 8 months. The school doesn't have alot of students so the teachers can give the students who are not doing so good the attention they need. In my spare time I like to go to the movies, play basketball, and associate with my friends.
Hello. Living in America is great. I really enjoy it but my life consist of going to Hope Street, which i have attended for 3 months and i love it. This school is better than other ones because there are less students and that means more time for teachers to help us. After school i either go to work or i go hang out with my friends and family.
My name is Rachael. I started at Hope Street in January. My grades have improved a lot since then. My life is very monotonous. I wake up and go to school, and then I get out of school and go to work. On weekends when I'm not working, I'm sleeping or spending time with my friends or family. Oh! And I have a cat, his name is YinYang, and he is my best friend. :-)
My name is Michelle. i am eighteen years old and i am a senior here at Hope St. What I like to do for fun is sleep and listen to music.
My name is David, I have been attending Hope Street for the past three years and am about to graduate in May. Living in America probably isnt much different than living in Brazil, except for the language. I'm 18 and have a part-time job. I hang out with my friends on the weekends and work alot during the week.
My routine is good, I like it. I'm a full-time student, my major is History. I go to the college every day and I take English classes at UTFPR twice a week.
After the college once a week I take dance classes.
My Name Is Kenny Freeman and I too am a student at Hope Street Academy. For fun I like to go to the mall with my friends usually on Fridays and Saturdays, then we go out to a coffe shop named Lola's and we just sit around and talk. What do you like to do for fun on the weekends in Brazil?
Hey my name is Kaylee. I have been attending Hope Street for about 2 years. I like the school a lot! My life contains me going to school from 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. then I go home for a while, do my home work if I have any. On the weekends usually I'm never home, I'm always with friends hanging out. What do you do in your spare time? What kind of music do you listen to?
This Erica at Hope Street and I was woundering what is life like in Brazil? Have you ever been outside of brazil?
Hi,my name is Chaz. I am 13 years old. I have attended Hope Street Academy for the past semester. When I am not in school, I usually hang out with my friends, watch television, or sleep. I also love to play paintball, do you know what that is?
My name is Sara and I'm seventeen. Up until just this year I never really cared about school. Last year I started to care, but a lot happned and kept me from it. I regret never really caring, becuase I have so much to make up for that I missed out on. I went from having basically straight F's to having almost straight A's. I went from a 0.00 grade point average to a 3.00. This I find amazing because I never knew I could do it. I don't even struggle with school I do not understand why, but this school helped. Hope Street is a good school. Even if I wanted to say something bad about it I could not because the teacher reads this and would be all "Don't tell them that." So I'm not going to bother. Hey what is your "goth" crowd like there. Here they wear alot of black and have lots of piercings. (I'm one of them so I was told.) Do you guys play games like Dance Dance Revolution? How open are Brazil's laws with gay and lesbian marriage? Like, are they open or is it one of those shamed things?
Hi! my name is Kimber and here in America on the weekends there are usually some school events to go to like: parties,the mall or just go to a friend's house.I was wondering how your weekends usually go there where you live?
Hey
My name is Macario but I go by Mico. I am a Junior at Hope Street. In my spare time I like to hang out with my homies(friends), draw, air brush, and make stupid videos. I am athletic and I enjoy playing soccer with my friends.
But enough about America. How's Brazil? How long do you guys go to school? Are you allowed to get tattoos at a young age or is it looked down on? I have a tattoo and I got it when I was 14 and its some what normal down here. What do you guys do in your spare time?
Do you speak Spanish or any other languages? I speak Spanish, it is my second language.
Hi! my name is Cherry and here in America on the weekends there are usually some school events to go to like: parties,the mall or just go to a friend's house.I was wondering how your weekends usually go there where you live?
Hello, my name is Chelsea. America has really delicious food. Do you have a McDonalds in Brazil? Hope Street has a small population. We have many different types of people. Goths, gangsters, preppy people, the rich students, and the bad students. My favorite soccer player is Ronaldinho. Write back.
Hello, my name is Nichole. I am a student at Hope Street Acadamy. My friends call me Nikki for short. I like to watch movies, listen to music, write poetry, etc. One of my favorite sports is soccer, or as it is called in Brazil, football. I used to play the sport, but I broke my ankle. Can the gays and lesbians marry in Brazil? Here in America, they can't in some states. Personally I am against it, I feel that they should be able to marry wherever they want.
Hi, my name is Johnathan and I've attended Hope Street for the past three years. Life in America is fun most of the time. How is life in Brazil? What types of cars do you drive? We drive lots of cars, my favorites are sportscars, luxury cars, and SUV's. How much does a gallon of gasoline cost? What is your favorite sport? My favorite sport is football.
In Brazil the students study at school usually only morning (7:30a.m from 12:00) or only afternoon (1:00p.m - 5:30p.m) and after school they go out, do them homework... or they take classes of langueges, sports, musician, etc.
I take classes of English, Spanish and Classical Greek. I'd like to learn French and Italian. On my free time sometimes I listen mpb (Brazilian popular music), my favorites singers are Caetano Veloso, Marisa Monte, Chico Buarque, and others. I love go to the movie for fun or see movies at home! I don't like sports, I prefer to dance...
Yeah, the gays and lesbians can marry.
Oh my god, Milla your awesome. I don't know why I said that but I did. Do you have an e-mail that we could converse more on as apose to just this. In all honesty I hate blogging. I don't like to get into, or other geting into my, business.
Hello!!I'm brazilian, I'm 24 and I'm designer. So, what are you want to study in college?
I'm learning English, I don't understand it very well... sorry about some mistakes.
I don't like a lot blogg too, but it's good to get practice my English! And I can write.
hey guys...
first, I need to say that I'm learning english, so...sorry for some mistakes..
I'm laziness, and I won't read all comments...
But i'd like to know about the new movies or songs....what are you listening at moment?? what kind of movies are doing success??
Brazilian artists have chance in your country?
Hi Britanny!
What's a Pow-Wows?
What kind of different things do you do? How is the life on an Indian Reservation?
Sorry, but I'm very curious.
bye
Hi people. I'm 21 years old, and a love my class and my teacher. we have so much fun, it's good.
sorry, i cant read all of the posts. but it's nice to talk to all of you.
bye
Hi, My name is Alessandro I'm 26 years old and I'm Industrial Automotion Engeneering, I take english classes two times a week, on monday and wednesday, I'm studying English there are three semesters. In my free time I go to the gym or play any computer game, I like drive games was NFS Carbon, NFS PrĂ³ street, or war games, Medal Of Honor.
I'm not a big video game player. On the otherhand though I do spend a lot of time on the computer! But there are some video games I like to play like racing or war games.
Hi everybody, my name is Paulo and I wanna know if one of you think to learn portuguese or even come to brazil someday?
Hi, I'm Misael and I'm Brazilian. Yes, in Brazil there are a lot of McDonalds, but I don't like it very much. About you, do you learn another language at school?
Hi! I don't know what i would like to study when i go to college. I gurss it is because i like so many things. Some times I feel like i want to be an author of a book or poetry. Well I can't think of anything else to right about for now.
Misael,
My name is Nashawna and at Hope Street we don't learn a second language, but I did at my old school. I took a German class but didn't like it, so I really didn't get into it. I would love to learn a second language, I regret not paying attention in class.
Post a Comment