Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Culture Traditions and Customs in Brazil


Here is where students from Brazill can post information about culture, customs and traditions in their country. Students from Hope Street Academy in America can post what they know about life in Brazil and pose questions to students in Brazil.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!

Well, here in Brazil there are a lot of local different customs... But we also like Rock n´ Roll, and different kinds of Music, including the famous Samba, Bossa Nova and stuff...

Ms. Miller said...

Do you have American rock n' roll bands that tour there? Who have you seen play live in concert?

teionna said...

Hello!

What do students in Brazil do for fun on the weekends. Do guys hang out at concerts, cafe',movies, ect. What is it really like to be a Brazillin teen?

milla said...

In Curitiba the people usually go to the cinema or parties at night and on weekends. Many people like to eat out, the city has good restaurants.
Curitiba has many concerts, but I hardly ever go...

Erica said...

Hello Brazil this is Erica I'm a student at Hope Street. How are you today? I have some questions to ask you what type of food do you eat? Here we eat Mc Donalds,seafoods,hamburgers. What do you call fun riding bikes or hanging with friends? Is Brazil a quite place or loud place? How is traffic in Brazil? Where do you go to get peace? Here in America I go swimming, hanging out with friends, partying, working,and listening to music for fun. We have loud places like Expo or concert's and quite places like home and the libary...

Anonymous said...

Hi! Here in America we have freedom of religion. What is one of the biggiest religions there where you live?

Unknown said...

Hello, it is Chelsea again. How is your day going? I love Brazil. I really want to visit there someday. I hear Brazil has a lot of good looking men. What are the beaches like? Do you have tornado's?

milla said...

Brazil has many beautiful beaches and has good looking men! But not a lot... Brazil has a lot of beatiful places, Historic areas...
I eat out every day. Sometimes I eat fast food, but I prefer to eat at the buffet, because the buffet has a lot of diversity of food: salad, rice, bens, fruits, pasta, etc.

Sara said...

Milla,

The way you explained Brazil almost makes me wanna go there. I love food and trying new foods. I love concerts and hardly any pop up around Topeka.

Unknown said...

hi!

my name is Taynah, i'm from Santos, but i'm living in Curitiba...

Here, we have a lot of parks, restaurants, shoppings, movies...

it's a wonderful place to live...i'm loving...

And about songs...Brazil have a lot of differents styles...what do you prefer??

And about things to eat...we have delicious food...but...nothing in the restaurants is like the "Mom's food"..rs...

oh..guys...i'm learning english, so...sorry about some mistakes!!!

Pati said...

Hi Ms. miller, here are many rock n'roll and pop-rock bands that tour here and around the world. There're "Skank", "J-Quest", "Capital Inicial", "Sepultura" (it's a hard rock band and their songs are in English). At the momement, I'm not seen any concert, because I'm busy and without money. But I know here are a new Brazilian rock band that it's making success around the world and the Britishes really like it. They're "Cansei de ser sexy" ("Tired of being sexy"). My sister sad to me they're good, but I never listen them. Do you know them?

Unknown said...

Hi, here in Brazil we have freedom of religion too. The biggest religion is Catholicism, over 80% the population.

Bi_Alberton said...

Hi Erica (ebrown)!
My name is Bianca and I'm a student at UTFPR.
In Brazil we have McDonalds too, but I think the most people in Brazil prefer eat bean and rice. Well, it depends the local that people live. In Bahia (a state in Brazil), they eat "tapioca", "acarajé"... I don' think there's this food in your country. xD
Big cities, like Curitiba, are loud places.
For fun, I go out with my friends, we go to parks (we have a lot of ones in Curitiba), we do everything normal person do (listen music, play sports, work at the computer...).

teionna said...

How do you guys in Brazil celebrate Christmas and Thankgiving Day?

issa said...

Hi Teionna!Here in Brazil people usually celebrate Christmas at midnight, with their family, a lot of food and presents. We don't have Thanksgiving Day.

Unknown said...

Hello... I´m VInicius...
What´s Thanksgiving???
I think in Brazil we have so many tastes for songs... we can´t tell everything about it.
The most famous kind aof music in Brazil is Samba, but I reallt don´t like it...
I like old rock, like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, TSOL, The Venturs... a lot of good things...

sandra_noronha said...

Hi, chick01, I'm sandra and we don't have tornado's. Brazil is a tropical country. How about your country? Do you have tornado's?

sandra_noronha said...

Hi, ms.miller, I'm sandra and yes, sometimes we have seen American rock n'roll band that tour here. We had The Police last two months ago in my oppinion it is a good band and I like to see Madonna do you like her?

Ms. Miller said...

Hi Sandra and Pati, it is Ms. Miller
I saw the Police back in 1984. The last concert I went to was Van Halen back in October. I love classic rock bands too. It is what I grew up listening to. When I was a teenager, I went to concerts ALL the time. How much is a gallon of gas there? We use dollars, what is your currency called?

Chaz said...

Hi, my name is Chaz. In Kansas right now it is tornado season. It is a time were we are more prone to having tornados. In fact, Last night we had one, and it took off a lot of peoples roofs and destroyed alot of homes. In the United States we also have other natural disasters. For example, a couple of years ago in in the mid-southern part of the states and out east, we had a couple of hurricanes. The one that got a lot of publicity and support was hurricane Katrina. Have you heard of it, and if so did it affect you?